I choose to remember you

I choose to remember you 

Not by how you hurt me, but by how you taught me to heal.

Not by how you left me, but by how you taught me to never abandon myself. 

Not by how you broke me, but by how you taught me to rebuild myself.

Not by how you dimmed my light, but by how you helped me shine.

Not by how you kept me trapped in a place of comfort, but by how you empowered me to leave my comfort zone.

Not by how you left me feeling weak, but by how you taught me what it means to be strong.

Not by how you tried to control me, but by how you taught me to be free.

Not by who you told me who I was, but by how you taught me to define myself.

And above all I choose to remember you....

Not by how you were unable to love me, but by how you taught me To love myself.


Post a Comment

0 Comments