Funny Riddles

 

43 Easy Riddles,  40 Hard Riddles for Adults,  16 Word Riddles, 

23 Math Riddles,  30 Funny Riddles

30 Funny Riddles

1.Riddle: What has lots of eyes, but can’t see?

Answer: A potato


2.Riddle: What has one eye, but can’t see?
Answer: A needle

3.Riddle: What has many needles, but doesn’t sew?

Answer: A Christmas tree


4.Riddle: What has hands, but can’t clap?

Answer: A clock


5.Riddle: What has legs, but doesn’t walk?

Answer: A table


6.Riddle: What has one head, one foot and four legs?

Answer: A bed


7.Riddle: What can you catch, but not throw?

Answer: A cold


8.Riddle: What kind of band never plays 
music?

Answer: A rubber band


9.Riddle: What has many teeth, but can’t bite?

Answer: A comb



10.Riddle: What is cut on a table, but is never eaten?]

Answer: A deck of cards


11.Riddle: What has words, but never speaks?

Answer: A book


12.Riddle: What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?

Answer: A fence



13.Riddle: What can travel all around the world without leaving its corner?

Answer: A stamp


14.Riddle: What has a thumb and four fingers, but is not a hand?

Answer: A glove



15.Riddle: What has a head and a tail but no body?

Answer: A coin



16.Riddle: Where does one wall meet the other wall?

Answer: On the corner


17.Riddle: What building has the most stories?

Answer: The library


18.Riddle: What tastes better than it smells?

Answer: Your tongue


19.Riddle: What has 13 hearts, but no other organs?

Answer: A deck of cards


20.Riddle: It stalks the countryside with ears that can’t hear. What is it?

Answer: Corn



21.Riddle: What kind of coat is best put on wet?

Answer: A coat of paint



22.Riddle: What has a bottom at the top?

Answer: Your legs



23.Riddle: What has four wheels and flies?

Answer: A garbage truck


24.Riddle: How can you drop a raw egg from a height onto a concrete floor without cracking it?

Answer: Concrete floors are very hard to crack.


25.Riddle: Pronounced as 1 letter, And written with 3, 2 letters there are, and 2 only in me. I’m double, I’m single, I’m black blue, and gray, I’m read from both ends, and the same either way. What am I?

Answer: Eye


26.Riddle: Who has married many women but was never married?

Answer: The priest


27.Riddle: Forward, I am heavy; backward, I am not. What am I?

Answer: A ton


28.Riddle: What can you hold in your right hand, but never in your left hand?

Answer: Your left hand.


29.Riddle: If two snakes marry, what will their towels say?

Answer: Hiss and hers


30.Riddle: What does a man do only once in his lifetime, but women do once a year after they are 29?

Answer: Turn 30

देश के नाम पर पहेली || Fruit Paheli in Hindi || सब्जियों के नाम पर पहेली || मिठाई के नाम पर पहेली ||

23 Math Riddles

1.Riddle: I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?

Answer: Seven



2.Riddle: If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?

Answer: Nine



3.Riddle: What three numbers, none of which is zero, give the same result whether they’re added or multiplied?

Answer: One, two and three



4.Riddle: Mary has four daughters, and each of her daughters has a brother. How many children does Mary have?

Answer: Five—each daughter has the same brother.



5.Riddle: Which is heavier: a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

Answer: Neither—they both weigh a ton.

6.Riddle: Three doctors said that Bill was their brother. Bill says he has no brothers. How many brothers does Bill actually have?

Answer: None. He has three sisters.



7.Riddle: Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?

Answer: They are a grandfather, father and son.


8.Riddle: The day before yesterday I was 21, and next year I will be 24. When is my birthday?

Answer: December 31; today is January 1.



9.Riddle: A little girl goes to the store and buys one dozen eggs. As she is going home, all but three break. How many eggs are left unbroken?

Answer: Three



10.Riddle: A man describes his daughters, saying, “They are all blonde, but two; all brunette but two; and all redheaded but two.” How many daughters does he have?

Answer: Three: A blonde, a brunette and a redhead



11.Riddle: If there are three 
apples and you take away two, how many apples do you have?

Answer: You have two apples.



12.Riddle: A girl has as many brothers as sisters, but each brother has only half as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there in the 
family?

Answer: Four sisters and three brothers


13.Riddle: If 2 is company and 3 is a crowd, what are 4 and 5?

Answer: 9.


14.Riddle: I add 5 to 9 and get 2. The answer is correct, so what am I?

Answer: A clock. When it is 9 a.m., adding 5 hours would make it 2 p.m.


15.Riddle: Rachel goes to the supermarket and buys 10 tomatoes. Unfortunately, on the way back home, all but 9 get ruined. How many tomatoes are left in a good condition?

Answer: 9.


16.Riddle: What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?

Answer: Chicago!


17.Riddle: If a zookeeper had 100 pairs of animals in her zoo, and two pairs of babies are born for each one of the original animals, then (sadly) 23 animals don’t survive, how many animals do you have left in total?

Answer: 977 animals (100 x 2 = 200; 200 + 800 = 1000; 1000 – 23 = 977)


18.Riddle: I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday.

Answer: I think he must be plotting something.


19.Riddle: If you multiply this number by any other number, the answer will always be the same. What number is this?

Answer: Zero


20.Riddle: I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?

Answer: Seven.


21.Riddle: What 3 numbers give the same result when multiplied and added together?

Answer: 1, 2, and 3 (1 + 2 + 3 = 6 and 1 x 2 x 3 = 6).


22.Riddle: What's a single-digit number with no value?

Answer: Zero.


23.Riddle: A tree doubled in height each year until it reached its maximum height over the course of ten years. How many years did it take for the tree to reach half its maximum height?

Answer: Nine years.

 

16 Word Riddles

1.Riddle: What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

Answer: Short



2.Riddle: What begins with an "e" and only contains one letter?

Answer: An envelope



3.Riddle: A word I know, six letters it contains, remove one letter and 12 remains. What is it?

Answer: Dozens



4.Riddle: What would you find in the middle of Toronto?

Answer: The letter “o”



5.Riddle: You see me once in June, twice in November and not at all in May. What am I?

Answer: The letter “e”



6.Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What is it?

Answer: The letter “r”


7.Riddle: I am the beginning of everything, the end of everywhere. I'm the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. What am I?

Answer: Also the letter “e”



8.Riddle: What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?

Answer: NOON



9.Riddle: Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?

Answer: The word “not”



10.Riddle: What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 2/4 goat?

Answer: Chicago



11.Riddle: I am a word of letters three; add two and fewer there will be. What word am I?

Answer: Few



12.Riddle: What word of five letters has one left, when two are removed?

Answer: Stone


13.Riddle: What is the end of everything?

Answer: The letter “g”



14.Riddle: What word is pronounced the same if you take away four of its five letters?

Answer: Queue



15.Riddle: I am a word that begins with the letter “i.” If you add the letter “a” to me, I become a new word with a different meaning, but that sounds exactly the same. What word am I?

Answer: Isle (add “a” to make “aisle”)



16.Riddle: What word in the English language does the following: The first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire word signifies a great woman. What is the word?

Answer: Heroine


40 Hard Riddles for Adults

1.Riddle: What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?

Answer: Silence.


2.Riddle: What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

Answer: A river



3.Riddle: Speaking of rivers, a man calls his dog from the opposite side of the river. The dog crosses the river without getting wet, and without using a bridge or boat. How?

Answer: The river was frozen.


4.Riddle: What can fill a room but takes up no space?

Answer: Light



5.Riddle: If you drop me I’m sure to crack, but give me a 
smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?

Answer: A mirror



6.Riddle: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

Answer: Footsteps



7.Riddle: I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?

Answer: A key



8.Riddle: People make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?

Answer: Money



9.Riddle: What breaks yet never falls, and what falls yet never breaks?

Answer: Day, and night



10.Riddle: What goes through cities and fields, but never moves?

Answer: A road



11.Riddle: I am always hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I touch will soon turn red. What am I?

Answer: Fire


12.Riddle: The person who makes it has no need of it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?

Answer: A coffin



13.Riddle: A man looks at a painting in a museum and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the painting?

Answer: The man’s son


14.Riddle: With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

Answer: A stapler



15.Riddle: I have lakes with no water, 
mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?

Answer: A map



16.Riddle: What does man love more than 
life, hate more than death or mortal strife; that which contented men desire; the poor have, the rich require; the miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves?

Answer: Nothing


17.Riddle: Four cars come to a four-way stop, each coming from a different direction. They can’t decide who got there first, so they all go forward at the same time. All 4 cars go, but none crash into each other. How is this possible?

Answer: They all made right-hand turns.


18.Riddle: I have a head like a cat and feet like a cat, but I am not a cat. What am I?

Answer: A kitten.


19.Riddle: Who makes it, has no need of it. Who buys it, has no use for it. Who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?

Answer: A coffin.


20.Riddle: What has hands but cannot clap?

Answer: A clock.


21.Riddle: Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

Answer: Meat.


22.Riddle: What gets broken without being held?

Answer: A promise.


23.Riddle: Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it?

Answer: Nothing.

24.Riddle: What is the longest word in the dictionary?

Answer: Smiles, because there is a mile between each ‘s’.


25.Riddle: Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?

Answer: Corn on the cob.


26.Riddle: What is at the end of a rainbow?

Answer: The letter W!


27.Riddle: What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?

Answer: A palm!


28.Riddle: They come out at night without being called, and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?

Answer: Stars!


29.Riddle: What is always in front of you, but can’t be seen?

Answer: The future.


30.Riddle: You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus. But never Neptune, or Venus. What am I?

Answer: The letter “R”.

31.Riddle: How many months have 28 days?

Answer: Every month has 28 days.


32.Riddle: I can be cracked, made, told, and played. What am I?

Answer: A joke.


33.Riddle: I cannot talk, but I always reply when spoken to. What am I?

Answer: An echo.


34.Riddle: When is the top of a mountain similar to a savings account?

Answer: When it peaks one’s interest.


35.Riddle: A man goes out for a walk during a storm with nothing to protect him from the rain. He doesn’t have a hat, a hood, or an umbrella. But by the end of his walk, there isn’t a single wet hair on his head. Why doesn’t the man have wet hair?

Answer: He’s bald.


36.Riddle: I love to dance, and twist. I shake my tail as I sail away. When I fly wingless into the sky. What am I?

Answer: A kite.


37.Riddle: When you stop to look, you can always see me. But if you try to touch me, you can never feel me. Although you walk towards me, I remain the same distance from you. What am I?

Answer: The horizon


38.Riddle: You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk. But when you look back, you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?

Answer: All the people on board are married.


39.Riddle: What is it that no one wants to have, but no one wants to lose either?

Answer: A lawsuit.


40.Riddle: I welcome the day with a show of light, I stealthily came here in the night.I bathe the earthy stuff at dawn, But by noon, alas! I'm gone.

Answer: The morning dew.


43 Easy Riddles

1.Riddle:What 5-letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down?

Answer:SWIMS.


2.Riddle:The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?

Answer:Footsteps.


3.Riddle: David's father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and _____?

Answer: David.


4.Riddle: What is more useful when it is broken?

Answer: An egg.


5.Riddle: I am easy to lift, but hard to throw. What am I?

Answer: A feather.


6.Riddle: Where do you take a sick boat?

Answer: To the dock-tor.


7.Riddle: Which fish costs the most?

Answer: A goldfish.


8.Riddle: What goes up, but never comes down?

Answer: Age.


9.Riddle: A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed for three nights and rode out on Friday. How is this possible?

Answer: His horse's name is Friday.


10.Riddle: What has a neck but no head?

Answer: A bottle


11.Riddle: What is full of holes but still holds water?

Answer: A sponge


12.Riddle: How do you spell COW in thirteen letters?

Answer: SEE O DOUBLE YOU.


13.Riddle: Why is Europe like a frying pan?

Answer: Because it has Greece at the bottom.


14.Riddle: What goes through cities and fields, but never moves?

Answer: A road.


15.Riddle: What can be touched but can't be seen?

Answer: Someone’s heart.


16.Riddle: In a bus, there is a 26-year-old pregnant lady, a 30-year-old policeman, a 52-year-old random woman, and the driver who is 65 years old. Who is the youngest?

Answer: The baby of the pregnant lady.


17.Riddle: When it is alive we sing, when it is dead we clap our hands. What is it?

Answer: A birthday candle.


18.Riddle: What can go through glass without breaking it?

Answer: Light.


19.Riddle: What gets bigger the more you take away?

Answer: A hole.


20.Riddle: I have no life, but I can die. What am I?

Answer: A battery.


21.Riddle: What kind of room has no walls, door or windows?

Answer: A mushroom.


22.Riddle: It belongs to you, but your friends use it more. What is it?

Answer: Your name.


23.Riddle: What 2 things can you never eat for breakfast?

Answer: Lunch and dinner.


24.Riddle: I make a loud sound when I’m changing. When I do change, I get bigger but weigh less. What am I?

Answer: Popcorn.


25.Riddle: It has keys, but no locks. It has space, but no room. You can enter, but can’t go inside. What is it?

Answer: A keyboard.


26.Riddle: I’m orange, I wear a green hat and I sound like a parrot. What am I?

Answer: A carrot.


27.Riddle: What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?

Answer: A fence.


28.Riddle: Take off my skin - I won't cry, but you will! What am I?

Answer: An onion.


29.Riddle: What invention lets you look right through a wall?

Answer: A window.


30.Riddle: What is always on its way but never arrives?

Answer: Tomorrow.


31.Riddle: Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year, and yet they're not twins. How can this be?

Answer: The two babies are two of a set of triplets.


32.Riddle: What has a bottom at the top?

Answer: Your legs.


33.Riddle: What can you catch but never throw?

Answer: A cold.


34.Riddle: What has many teeth but cannot bite?

Answer: A comb.


35.Riddle: What has branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves?

Answer: A bank.


36.Riddle: What thrives when you feed it but dies when you water it?

Answer: A fire.


37.Riddle: What do you buy to eat but never consume?

Answer: Cutlery.


38.Riddle: Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?

Answer: They are grandfather, father, and son.


39.Riddle: A bus driver goes the wrong way down a one-way street. He passes the cops, but they don’t stop him. Why?

Answer: He was walking.


40.Riddle: If an electric train is traveling south, then which way is the smoke going?

Answer: There is no smoke—it's an electric train.


41.Riddle: Where is the only place where today comes before yesterday?

Answer: The dictionary.


42.Riddle: What can you put in a bucket to make it weigh less?

Answer: A hole.


43.Riddle: How can kids drink beer and not get drunk?

Answer: By sticking to root beer.


Post a Comment

0 Comments