Riddles in English

  


Riddles for kids, Riddles that make you think, Funny tricky riddles with answers

Riddles for kids

1. David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son?

Answer: David

2. I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?

Answer: Your shadow

3. What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?

Answer: A piano

4. What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?

 Answer: Your right elbow

5. What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?

Answer: A chalkboard

6. What gets bigger when more is taken away?

Answer: A hole

7. I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?

Answer: Your breath

8. I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens; and often in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?

Answer: Yarn

9. Where does today come before yesterday?

Answer: The dictionary

10. What invention lets you look right through a wall?

Answer: A window

11. If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?

Answer: A secret

12. What can’t be put in a saucepan?

Answer: It’s lid

13. What goes up and down but doesn’t move?

Answer: A staircase

14. If you’re 
running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?

Answer: Second place

15. It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?

Answer: Your name


Riddles that make you think

1.Using only addition, add eight 8s to get the number 1,000.

Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1,000

2. What did an math book say to other?

Answer: I have so many problems.

3. How many 9's are there between 1 and 100?

Answer: 20

4. What kind of room has no doors or windows?

Answer: A mushroom.

6. What do Alexander The Great and Winnie The Pooh have in common?

Answer: Same middle name.

7. What does a house wear?

Answer: Ad-dress.

8. I am a murderer, full of fibre. Who I’m?

Answer: A cereal killer.

9. I travel all around the world but never leave the corner. What am I?

Answer: A stamp.

10. I have a neck but no head, and I wear a cap. What am I?

Answer: A bottle.

11. What can make the octopus laugh?

Answer: Ten tickles (tentacles)

12. I have a face and two hands but no arms or legs. What am I?

Answer: A clock.

13. I give milk and I have a horn, but I’m not a cow. What am I?

Answer: A milk truck.

14. Where would you take a sick boat?

Answer: To the doc. (Dock-yard)

15. What starts with M, ends with X, and has a never-ending amount of letters?

Answer: A mailbox

16. Why did the skeleton not go to the party?

Answer: Because he had no body to go with.

17. I get wetter, the more I dry. What am I?

Answer: A towel.

18. I am a word in the dictionary which is always spelt incorrectly. What am I?

Answer: Incorrectly.

19. I spend all the time on the floor but never get dirty. What am I?

Answer: Your Shadow.

20. I go up and down but never move. What am I?

Answer: The stairs.

21. I start with an E, end with an E and only have one letter in me. What am I?

Answer: An envelope

22. I am the world’s laziest mountain in the world. Who am I?

Answer: Mt. Ever Rest (Everest)

23. I am a fruit, a person and a bird. Who am I?

Answer: A kiwi

24. I am orange and sound like a parrot. What am I?

Answer: A carrot

25. I work when I play and play when I work. Who am I?

Answer: A musician.

27. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none?

Answer: A choice

28. What type of music do rabbits listen to?

Answer: Hip Hop

29. You cannot keep this until you have given it. What is it?

Answer: A promise

30. What can you give a man with no hair that he will never part with?

Answer: A comb

31. What is red and smells like blue paint?

Answer: Red paint.

 32. What is so unbelievably fragile that just speaking its name will break it?

Answer: Silence.

33. What has four wheels and flies?

Answer: Garbage truck.

34. What can you give a man with no hair that he will never part with?

Answer: A comb.

​35. What starts with a T, ends with a T and is full of T?

Answer: A Teapot.

36. What has loads of keys, but can’t open a door?

Answer: A piano

37. I am always in front of you but I can’t be seen. What I am?

Answer: Future

38. I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?

Answer: A barber

39. I am an invention that lets you look right through a wall. What am I?

Answer: A window

40. If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?

Answer: A Secret

Funny Tricky Riddles with Answers

 1.What has to be broken before you can use it?

Answer: An egg

2. I am tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Answer: A candle

3. What month of the year has 28 days?
Answer: All of them

4. What is full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge

5. What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?

6. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Answer: The future

7. There is a one-story house in which everything is yellow. Yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. What colour are the stairs?
Answer: There are not any—it’s a one-story house.

8. What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?
Answer: A promise

9. What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age

10. A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or raincoat did not get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.

 

11. What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A towel

12. What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word

13. I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?
Answer: A barber

14. You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: All the people on the boat are married.

15. You walk into a room that contains a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle and a fireplace. What would you light first?
Answer: The match

16. A man dies of old age on his 25 
birthday. How is this possible?
Answer: He was born on February 29.

17. I have branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank

18. What can’t talk but will reply when spoken to?
Answer: An echo

19. The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
Answer: Darkness

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments