A must read story

 

Once upon a time, there was a King who had four wives.

He cherished his fourth wife the most, lavishing her with the finest luxuries and showering her with his deepest affection.

His third wife was also dear to him, and he took great pride in showing her off to neighboring kingdoms.

His second wife was his trusted confidante and advisor. In times of trouble, the King always turned to her, relying on her wisdom to help him navigate through his difficulties.

But little could be said about his first wife. Though she was loyal and devoted, tirelessly working behind the scenes to maintain his kingdom, the King scarcely noticed her existence.

One day, the King fell gravely ill. Despite every effort to find a cure, he knew that his time was drawing near. In desperation, he sought the counsel of a mystical sorcerer.

"Your Majesty, I regret to tell you that nothing can be done. Your death is inevitable. However, I will grant you the choice to take one of your wives with you into the afterlife."

With this, the King turned to his fourth wife. "I have given you everything—my love, my riches. Will you follow me into the afterlife?"

"Not a chance!" she replied coldly, and without another word, she walked away.

Heartbroken, the King asked his third wife, "Will you come with me into the afterlife?"

"No," she said bluntly. "Life here is too good. Once you're gone, I will remarry and move on."

Desperate, the King turned to his second wife. "You have always been by my side. Will you accompany me beyond this life?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't," she said gently. "I can only go with you as far as your grave. Beyond that, you must go alone."

Overcome with despair, the King suddenly heard a frail voice speak. "I will go with you, my King. I will follow you wherever you go."

The King looked up and saw his first wife. She was frail and worn, her appearance a reflection of years of neglect. Deeply moved, the King regretted how little care he had given her over the years.

"Forgive me," he said softly. "I should have cherished you more when I had the chance."

MORAL:

Each of us has four "wives" in our lives.

The FOURTH wife is our BODY. We shower it with attention, adorning it with fine clothes and luxury. But in the end, it will leave us behind when we die.

The THIRD wife represents our POSSESSIONS. We spend much of our time accumulating wealth, but when we pass away, these will belong to others.

The SECOND wife symbolizes our FAMILY and FRIENDS. They stand by us in times of need and offer comfort. Yet, no matter how much they love us, they can only accompany us to the grave.

The FIRST wife is our SPIRIT, often overlooked in our pursuit of material success. However, it is the only thing that will stay with us beyond this life.

Therefore, we must find balance in caring for all four aspects of life: our body, our possessions, our relationships, and our spirit. Only by nurturing each part can we live a life of true fulfillment, prepared for both the present and what lies beyond.

Post a Comment

0 Comments